60 Active Minutes for Every Child, Every Day Engagement Workshop
This staff & leaders training day is split into 3 elements.
Element 1: Delivering 30 Active minutes in school and influencing 30 active minutes beond the school day. (School Staff only)
This session will support schools to increase physical activity throughout the school day to boost health and academic achievement for children. It looks at how schools can:
- Meet the requirements of the governments Childhood Obesity Plan
- Learn how to use the Active Schools Planner to analyse daily activity in school and increase the amount of movement every child does within the school environment.
- Explore solutions to boost wellbeing and achievement by building 30 active minutes of physical activity into the whole school day and influencing 30 minutes beyond the school day.
Element 2: Change4Life Update Training (Staff only)
This session will support schools in the following outcomes:
- Development and sustainment of C4L clubs (or its equivalent) within the school environment
- Understanding the local environment
- Solutions for engaging the least physically active in physical activity
- C4L Schools Zone update training based around the use of the School Zone resources.
Element 3: Change4Life Champions Leadership Training (Children only)
A full days leadership training for up to five Year 5 leaders which aims to:
- Enable Champions to plan, organise and deliver fun, safe, and accessible activities
- Highlight the people, groups and organisations who may support them locally, regionally and nationally
- Share and review the vision for the C4L Champions in their school
- Identify the skills and qualities used in the role of a C4L Champion
- Explain the importance of creating a range of opportunities for sharing the C4L message across the school
All the leadership activities will take place outside, so please ensure your leaders wear the appropriate clothing and footwear to participate in physical activity on a grass surface.
Maximum of 5 children per school (C4L Champions) and 1-2 members of staff (C4L & 30 Active minutes a day training) are available.
Every school in attendance will receive C4L resources at the end of the day.
Teas and coffees will be provided throughout the day, however lunch will not be provided. Please ensure that all staff and pupils bring their own lunch and snacks as there is no place to buy anything on site.
We ask that the primary contact please complete the 60 Active Minutes a Day Booking Form which will be sent as a link in the confirmation email.
|Event Date||14-06-2018 9:15 am|
|Event End Date||14-06-2018 3:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||02-05-2018 11:55 pm|
|Cut off date||12-06-2018 12:00 pm|